Hybrid Celebrates Its First Birthday
A Message From Hybrid Co-founder David Wilson
Today we celebrate Hybrid’s first birthday and what a ride this year has been. As expected with a new venture, there have been plenty of ups and downs along the way. We have been fortunate enough to work with 10 clients across the global Chemicals, Construction and Manufacturing sectors ranging from start up businesses to large global organisations. We have enjoyed managing projects across the UK, Switzerland, Denmark, France and Spain.
Looking back, here are a few of the feel good moments from our first year in operation:
- Day one: We officially kicked off Hybrid Search working from Dan’s kitchen table.
- June 2017: We moved into our first office on Nicholas Street, Chester
- September 2017: We made our first hire, welcoming Chris Molleson as Research and Marketing Manager
- December 2017: After coaching me for the past 12 months, John Bush joined us as a Business Advisor
- January 2018: Sam Forrest joined the team as a Senior Consultant to develop our footprint in the Shipping, Trading and Distribution Sector.
I would also like to take this opportunity to thank the people that were instrumental in making our first year a success. We couldn’t have done it without you. A special thanks goes to:
- Our wives Jemma and Lucy who have been very understanding and flexible.
- Ian Normington (Jemma’s Dad for his business planning advice).
- Rory Steel for his IT expertise and patience. Rory created the website and has been on the end of the phone or Skype whenever we needed him.
- Our accountant John Farrell at Ellis and Co who has been fantastic during year one.
- Chris, John and Sam for taking the gamble and coming onboard with us.
- Raquel Fernandez at Mighty Fox who created the logo and branding etc
- Paul Normington for all things creative.
- Good friends and former colleagues who have already set up their own businesses and have provided plenty of advice and ideas. Dan Lamyman at Logikk, Jamie Farrell and Andy Spence Evans at Aventis Solutions as well as Ben Ward and Tom Bright at Ameo.
Now on to year two. As enjoyable as the first year was, it was only the beginning and now we will focus on continually growing and improving. Here are a few things that we are looking forward to this year:
- We move in to our new larger offices close to Chester Racecourse on the 1st of July.
- We are looking to hire two more individuals to improve and compliment the team members that we already have. We will be looking for a Research Professional and a Business Development Lead with recruitment experience working across engineering led sectors.
- Having developed our consulting portfolio throughout our first year, we will look to bolster our services and keep building our relationships as the go-to people for clients.
- We launch our Hybrid Interim Management business in April 2018 to compliment our offering across search and consulting.
- Hosting our client event at Chester Racecourse on Friday 14th of September.
Here’s to an even better year two.